Updated: 23 Feb 2020
We are highly committed to your safety and wellbeing at MOVE.
In response to the current COVID-19 situation, below are the measures we are taking and how they might affect you and your experience at MOVE:
1. Conditions to stay away from classes and events
For the consideration of your fellow classmates and coaches, please DO NOT attend MOVE’s classes and events for at least two weeks if:
- You have recently travelled to mainland China, Daegu city in South Korea or Cheongdo city in South Korea (up to two weeks from date of return).
- You are in close contact with someone who recently travelled to mainland China, Daegu city in South Korea or Cheongdo city in South Korea (up to two weeks from date of return)
- You are feeling unwell, having fever (body temperature 37.5 degree centigrade and above), flu or other respiratory symptoms. Please see a doctor, get yourself checked up and tested negative for the virus before returning to classes.
- You are on a Leave of Absence as per Ministry of Manpower’s Advisory of 27 Jan 2020
- You are quarantined as a suspect case
- You have been diagnosed with the COVID-19
If you fall under any of the categories above, please submit a request for consideration to extend your pass expiry date to us, with your travel itinerary as well as the medical certificate / doctor’s note attached.
2. MOVE’s rights to refuse entry to classes
Students who display symptoms of illness outlined above or suspected to be in one of the conditions above will be refused from attending our classes, and pass credits will be returned in these cases. We are happy to work with you on a case-by-case basis. Safety first!
3. Classes will continue as per normal until further notice
We will not cancel any classes as of now, and will not extend pass expiry dates should you decide to stay away from classes if you do not fall under the travel / illness -related measures outlined above.
We will make sure the spaces and equipments we use for our indoor classes are disinfected frequently, and our outdoor classes will continue to be held in well-ventilated areas with no or minimal crowd.
4. Changes to class experience to ensure students’ and coaches’ safety
All class students are advised wash their hands with soap BEFORE and AFTER each class, and avoid rubbing their eyes or touching their nose or mouth with their hands. Our coaches will remind class students about this to make sure strict personal hygiene is observed.
Classes at Kraken
Students attending classes at Kraken may be expected to have their temperature taken by our staff before class starts.
Classes at Kinex
When you arrive at our Distinct Creative Arts studio for class, please do this before entering the studio:
1. Get your temperature checked at the front counter at #02-25/26
2. Sign a declaration form with your name and contact
3. Sanitise or wash your hands with soap
Please observe strict personal hygiene standards and your health condition before attending class.
We will also monitor our coaches’ health closely and make sure they take necessary steps to seek medical attention and self-quarantine if they are feeling unwell.
5. Classes may be cancelled depending on DORSCON level
We may at any time cancel classes if the national threat level of the Novel Coronavirus increases to critical levels. We will continue to monitor the alert level issued by the Ministry of Health and act accordingly.
Meanwhile, do be responsible, remain vigilant and adopt good personal hygiene practices (See Health Advisory from Ministry of Health for more info). Do not speculate or spread misinformation.
Stay calm, stay safe and we hope to see you soon!