MOVE Academy’s Protocol for COVID-19
Updated: 22 Aug 2020
We are highly committed to your safety and wellbeing at MOVE.
In response to the evolving COVID-19 situation, below are the measures we are taking and how they might affect you and your experience at MOVE:
1. Conditions to stay away from physical classes and events
For the consideration of your fellow classmates and coaches, please DO NOT attend MOVE’s physical classes and events for at least 14 days if:
- You have recently travelled to any places outside of Singapore in the past 14 days
- You are in close contact* with someone who has been suspected or laboratory-confirmed with the COVID-19, or who has been issued Stay Home Notice by the Ministry of Health
*Close contact is defined as: Being within 2 metres of a person for a prolonged period of time of at least 15 minutes; close contact can occur while caring for, living with, visiting, or sharing a healthcare waiting area or an enclosed room with that person
- You are feeling unwell, having fever (body temperature 38 degree centigrade and above), running nose, coughing, or other respiratory symptoms.
- You are issued an Isolation / Quarantine Order / Stay Home Notice by the Ministry of Health
- You are quarantined as a suspect case
- You have been diagnosed with the COVID-19
If you fall under any of the categories above, please submit a request for consideration to extend your pass expiry date to us, with supporting documents attached, such as your travel itinerary, medical certificate, doctor’s note, letter from the relevant authorities, etc.
2. MOVE’s rights to refuse entry to physical classes
Students who display symptoms of illness outlined above or suspected to be in one of the conditions above will be refused from attending our physical classes, and pass credits will be returned in these cases. We are happy to work with you on a case-by-case basis. Safety first!
3. Protocol for physical class experience to ensure students’ and coaches’ safety
Please follow these steps strictly if you are attending our physical class:
- Fill up the declaration form on the same day of class
- Students attending Outdoor class: Bring your own hand sanitiser to class
- Parents/Guardians may only drop their children before class and pick them up after class. Throughout the class, they must be physically away (at least 10m) from the entire group class
Arrival at class location (up to 10 mins before class)
- Keep your mask on. Maintain at least 1m safe distance from others while you are queuing or waiting
- Check-in via SafeEntry
- Kraken Gym / Teadent: Scan the QR code at the door with your smartphone
- Outdoor: Scan the QR code provided by the coach
- Take your temperature
- The coach will check your temperature with their forehead thermometer and whether you appear unwell
- Wash / sanitise your hands
- Kraken Gym: You may use the restroom soap for washing
- Teadent: You may use the hand sanitisers near the door for sanitising
- Outdoor: Use your own hand sanitiser for sanitising
- Take your mask off only during class activity period. Have your mask kept in your own bag.
- Maintain 2m safe distance from others for static class activity (warm-ups, cool down, breathing exercises, etc), and 3m safe distance for dynamic and high movement / intensity class activity (running, jumping, crawling, rolling, etc).
- Stick to your own group of five students throughout the class. Do not mingle with other group(s)
- Your coach may spot you from a 2m to 3m safe distance
- Put your mask on promptly
- If you are at Kraken Gym, help to wipe down some of the equipment you have used with disinfectant provided by the coach.
- Wash / sanitise your hands
- Check-out via SafeEntry
5. Classes may be cancelled or moved to online depending on the situation
We may at any time cancel classes or move them online depending on the COVID-19 situation in Singapore. We will continue to monitor guidance issued by the Ministry of Health and Sports Singapore, and act accordingly.
Meanwhile, please continue to stay home as much as you can, practise safe distancing if you’re out, and adopt good personal hygiene practices (See Health Advisory from Ministry of Health for more info). Do not speculate or spread misinformation.
Stay calm, stay safe and keep moving!