MOVE Academy’s Protocol for COVID-19
Updated: 27 Jul 2021
We are highly committed to your safety and wellbeing at MOVE.
By 10 Aug, over 80% of MOVE coaches will be fully vaccinated. In the mean time, our coaches will also be going for rostered routine testing every 14 days.
In response to the evolving COVID-19 situation, below are the measures we are taking and how they might affect you and your experience at MOVE:
21 Jul 2021 Updates
Hi everyone, for the safety and peace of mind for our community during this crucial period, here are some changes that will be enforced between 22 Jul to 18 Aug 2021 (both dates inclusive) in response to the latest advisory from Sport Singapore on 20 Jul 2021.
Indoor venues: Teadent to remain open, Kraken to be closed
Teadent will remain open from 22 Jul to 18 Aug 2021.
Kraken Gym will be temporarily closed from 22 Jul to 18 Aug 2021.
Affected classes at these venues will be adapted or suspended accordingly, as detailed below.
Movement physical classes at Teadent will continue with additional measures
What will change
- Mask on for all classes.
- No shared equipment. You may need to bring your own equipment, and will be updated in advanced if necessary.
- Students will be spread out into groups of 2.
All movement physical regular classes and term classes will continue at the same timings
- Fluid Strength (Adults) All Levels
- Mobility: Full Body (Adults) All Levels
- Gymnastics Rings (Adults) All Levels
- Handstand (Adults) Intermediate at Teadent
- Mobility: Middle Splits & Pancake (Adults) All Levels
- Handstand (Adults) Beginner
1-1 Private coaching sessions available
We offer 1-1 private coaching sessions for the following disciplines at $135/hour.
- Mobility: Full Body
By Coach Charis / Jeanette. Venue: Teadent
- Mobility: Middle Splits & Pancake
By Coach Jeanette. Venue: Teadent
- Outdoor Parkour
By Coach Calvin / Faiz / Gwen / Ian / Shie Boon. Venue: Outdoors
If you are interested, please reach out to MOVE via WhatsApp messaging (87817036), or email (hello@moveacademy) to arrange this.
Online classes available
- Mobility: Full Body (Adults) All Levels
Learn to move better through various joints in your body, feel better, get out of pain and continue to enjoy doing what you love.
Wed 6.45pm and Thu 11.30am. By Coach Charis.
- Strength and Conditioning (Phoenix) All Levels
Full body strengthening and joint conditioning plus some movement drills.
Tue, Thu and Sat 8am. By Coach Shie Boon.
- Handstand (Adults) Intermediate
Level up on your handstands to unlock more movement possibilities.
Thu 8pm. By Coach Jay.
Book an online class on our online schedule >
We may introduce other Online classes and activities from time to time during this period. Stay tuned!
That’s all for now. Please feel free to reach out to MOVE via WhatsApp messaging (87817036), or email (hello@moveacademy) if you have any questions.
— End of 21 Jul 2021 updates —
1. Conditions to stay away from physical classes and events
For the consideration of your fellow classmates and coaches, please DO NOT attend MOVE’s physical classes and events for at least 14 days if:
- You have recently travelled to any places outside of Singapore in the past 14 days
- You are in close contact* with someone who has been suspected or laboratory-confirmed with the COVID-19, or who has been issued Stay Home Notice by the Ministry of Health
*Close contact is defined as: Being within 2 metres of a person for a prolonged period of time of at least 15 minutes; close contact can occur while caring for, living with, visiting, or sharing a healthcare waiting area or an enclosed room with that person
- You are feeling unwell, having fever (body temperature 37.5 degree centigrade and above), running nose, coughing, or other respiratory symptoms.
- You are issued an Isolation / Quarantine Order / Stay Home Notice by the Ministry of Health
- You are quarantined as a suspect case
- You have been diagnosed with the COVID-19
If you fall under any of the categories above, please submit a request for consideration to extend your pass expiry date to us, with supporting documents attached, such as your travel itinerary, medical certificate, doctor’s note, letter from the relevant authorities, etc.
2. MOVE’s rights to refuse entry to physical classes
Students who display symptoms of illness outlined above or suspected to be in one of the conditions above will be refused from attending our physical classes, and pass credits will be returned in these cases. We are happy to work with you on a case-by-case basis. Safety first!
3. Protocol for physical class experience to ensure students’ and coaches’ safety
Please follow these steps strictly if you are attending our physical class:
- Have your TraceTogether token or app with you at all times (before, during and after class – up to 10m away from you if you’re not carrying it with you)
- Students attending Outdoor class: Bring your own hand sanitiser to class
- Parents/Guardians may only drop their children before class and pick them up after class. Throughout the class, they must be physically away (at least 10m) from the entire group class
Arrival at class location (up to 10 mins before class)
- Keep your mask on. Maintain at least 1m safe distance from others while you are queuing or waiting
- Check-in via TraceTogether app
- Kraken Gym / Teadent: Scan the QR code at the door with your smartphone
- Outdoor: Scan the QR code provided by the coach
- Take your temperature
- The coach will check your temperature with their forehead thermometer and whether you appear unwell
- Wash / sanitise your hands
- Kraken Gym: You may use the restroom soap for washing
- Teadent: You may use the hand sanitisers near the door for sanitising
- Outdoor: Use your own hand sanitiser for sanitising
- Keep your mask on during class activity period.
- Maintain 2m safe distance from the other student in your own group.
- Stick to your own group of two students throughout the class. Do not mingle with other group(s). Each group shall be at least 3m from other groups.
- Your coach may occasionally spot you within 1m safe distance. Otherwise they will largely be at least 3m away from you.
- Your coach will be reminding you to maintain safe distance and stick to your own group throughout the activity.
- Keep your mask on.
- If you are at Kraken Gym, help to wipe down some of the equipment you have used with disinfectant provided by the coach.
- Wash / sanitise your hands
- Check-out via TraceTogether app
5. Classes may be cancelled, or moved to online or outdoors depending on the situation
We may at any time cancel classes, or move them online or outdoors depending on the COVID-19 situation in Singapore. We will continue to monitor guidance issued by the Ministry of Health and Sports Singapore, and act accordingly.
Meanwhile, please continue to practise safe distancing if you’re out, and adopt good personal hygiene practices (See Health Advisory from Ministry of Health for more info). Do not speculate or spread misinformation.
Get vaccinated if you haven’t already done so, to protect our community.
Please feel free to reach out to MOVE via WhatsApp messaging (87817036), or email (hello@moveacademy) if you have any questions.
Stay calm, stay safe and keep moving!